Monday, September 29, 2014

Halifax

I've been a little MIA these last few days as I was away in Halifax. I travelled there with the Concordia football team. They had a game against Saint Mary's on Saturday.

We left Thursday at 12 and split up the drive on the way there. Before I left, I packed all my food. I placed everything in baggies and brought it in a cooler. I didn't want to fall off track while I was away. I knew there would be moments were I wouldn't be able to choose what I wanted to eat so I decided to bring my own food.

We drove 6 hours to Edmunston, New Brunswick. We stayed there for the night. I managed to get a work out in that night at the hotel. We left the next morning at 7 and drove 5 hours to Mount Allison University. We had lunch in their cafeteria. It was the biggest cafeteria I had ever seen. They had everything you could possibly think of to eat. I decided to eat there since the food was fresh. I stuck to healthy things for lunch. It was delicious! After lunch, the team had a practice. It was just a walk through for the game. We then drove 2 hours to Halifax.

I had to stray from my meal plan that night. We had a team dinner at a local restaurant. I didn't want to not eat while every else was enjoying their meal so I joined them. Every one had a spaghetti dinner. In the evening, I treated some of the players before their game.

Saturday was game day! Kick off was at 2 (1pm EST). We ended up winning 63-7!!! It was such an exciting game. We had so many touch downs! It was great to win and improve our record to 4-0! After the game we packed up and drove home straight through the night. We ended up getting home at 7am on Sunday.

It was a long road trip but I had a lot of fun. It was fun to get to know the team a little better and it was great to come back with a win!

I got back onto my diet and training plan today. I started my diet again from the day I missed. I also got my training in tonight. I burned over 750 calories tonight during my work out. It was nice to get away but I'm happy to be back home and back to my usual routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment