Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Adriana Lima Gets Me to the Gym!" Part Two of Interview with Olivia Ambar

Adriana Lima for Victoria's Secret



GGP: Everyone knows it's tough to get to the gym! How do you stay motivated in your day-to-day life?

OA: It's kind of funny to say this but on my phone wallpaper I have a picture of (model) Adriana Lima and so every morning when I wake up (to my phone alarm), I see a picture of her and her beautiful body, and it motivates me to not gain weight, stay in shape and get to the gym!

GGP: Even while admiring Adriana Lima, do you still find ways to acknowledge your own body type and value its uniqueness?

OA: Oh yeah, the pictures are just for motivation. I know how I feel in my body and how I like to fit in my clothes and so my intention isn't to copy her or compare myself to her because I know when I'm comfortable and happy with myself.

GGP: How do you push yourself to the next level?

OA: When I'm with a trainer, it's really him or her that gets me to go further because when it's not enough, they push you to do more but on my own, when I see that it's getting too easy and I'm not challenged anymore, I know it's time to change it up. But you know, there's always an opportunity to do more, I'm not my own best trainer, so I think it's useful to return to a trainer periodically to update and challenge myself.

GGP: Do you consider yourself a success at this point?

OA: No, not yet! I'm on the journey but I still have a lot of things that I want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment