Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 2 Of Juicing


Today was a little more challenging. I started off the day with a lot of enthousiasm. I was finally getting my training in order. I went for a 20 minute fasted run. I had energy when I woke up but boy could I feel a decrease in energy during my run. I could barely run before I felt tired again. I still managed to get through and I told myself its better to be moving than to be in bed at home. 

I made my breakfast juice when I got home. It consisted of: 
- 2 apples
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 kale leaf
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 peeled lemon

I also added some coconut water for some more volume. I headed to the gym to meet with my trainer at 10. Since I'm juicing, I decided to stick to a more steady state work out so I didn't pass out or get too fatigued. We focused on upper body. I did some shoulder press, lateral raises, and front raises for my first circuit. I did 25 mini reps of both the lateral raises and front raises. It made my muscles burn! I repeated this 3 times. I did a 300 ft sprint on the rope machine to get my heart rate up. 

I also did some rear delt flys, low chest press on the machine and rows on the machine. Again, I did them all for 3 sets of 15. I did another sprint on the VMX rope machine. I could feel myself slowly starting to lose energy. I could feel the blood rushing to my head when I stood up and it seemed like the surroundings were a blur. I still wanted to keep working out so I did some hammer curls, tricep dips, and tricep kick backs. I felt accomplished after my work out and I rushed home to make my lunch juice. My lunch was:
- 2 apples
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 celery
- 1 pear
- 1 cup of cranberries

I brought it to school with me as I had to be in the clinic to treat some of the athletes. I also had to make my dinner juice since I would be at football practice. It had:
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 kale leaves
- 2 celery
- 3 pears
- 1 peeled lemon

The last one had so much volume. There's a lot of juice in the cucumbers. It was pretty good but I still prefer the sweetness of my breakfast juices. I felt really tired in the evening. I was craving eating, just chewing on food. It was the weirdest feeling. I drank a lot of water throughout the day to keep myself hydrated and full. I hear the first 2 days are the worse so I hope I feel better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment