Friday, June 20, 2014

Pushing On Through My Work Out

Image
It was my last session with my trainer before I leave for vacation next Tuesday. He had another great work out planned for me this morning. After warming up and stretching, I started with some power exercises. The first exercise was really cool. It was a hang clean to a push press to an overhead squat. That all counted as 1 rep! I had to do that 5 times and then do 5 box jumps. The hardest part was the overhead squat because I had to keep my balance and still try to get low with the bar.
I moved on to RDLs and barbell row. I managed to do 12 RDLs with 25 lbs on the bar. I was really proud of myself. I then worked on my pull-ups using the resistance band. I felt stronger doing them. I really want to try to see if I can do a full one on my own the next time I’m at the gym. I alternated that with a single leg knee up hop on a box. This exercise wasn’t too bad and it helped keep my heart rate up.
I ended with Turkish get-ups. I used 15lbs and did 4 with each arm, for 3 sets. It doesn’t seem like a lot but it was tough. Thankfully, I had the support of encouraging members around me and I pushed through all my reps. I ended the session with my favourite activity: the sled! I had to push it across the gym 5 times there and back. I then had to pull it half way across the gym 3 times there and back. I felt a lot better than last time but it was still very tiring. As you can see by the look on my face, I was happy to have completed my sled pushes. I was feeling really great once again after another strong work out!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment