Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Slammin' Legs

Leg day with the trainer today. It was a tough one! He incorporated some new exercises which was a fun way to change things up. After my dynamic warm up, I started with my power exercises. I did 10 reps of 1 arm dumbbell snatch. I followed that up with a box jump but from a seated position. I had to sit on the bench, rock back slightly and jump onto the box. I really enjoyed both these exercises. They’re more full body so it really felt like I was working hard. I moved onto 10 back squats with 25lbs on the bar. One thing my trainer keeps telling me when I squat is to drive my knees out on my way up. It gives me so much more power through my legs. It’s something I really need to work on. I alternated this with 15 single leg hamstring curls using an exercise ball. I also stretched my hip flexors after each set to give me more range of motion with my squat. 
Image

My next circuit was a little more challenging. I had to do squat jumps with the trap bar. I was jumping and it felt like I was barely getting any height off the ground. I then had to do a single leg goblet squat on a box. I could only tap the floor as I brought my leg down and then quickly get up again. It was a challenge to keep my balance and to keep full control throughout the movement. Lastly, the circuit ended with medicine ball slams. 
Image Image

The last 2 exercises I had to do were split squats with my rear foot on the bench and negative hamstring curls. These were also tough. Every time I do the split squats, I really feel the burn in my legs. We ended the session off with suicide sprints outside. It was fun to do a part of the work out outside since it was so nice today. As soon as I took my first step for my sprint, I could tell my legs were already sore. I had a great work out. I rewarded myself with a nice shower and steam bath afterwards. It was wonderful! A great start to my day!
ImageImage

No comments:

Post a Comment