Saturday, May 31, 2014

Aux Vivres

Something that I’ve struggled with so far during this journey is going out with friends during the weekend. I don’t mean party and drink all night but just going out for dinner. I’ve realized that planning activities usually involves eating, whether it’s going out for lunch or supper or even going to grab a drink on a terrace. It’s something that I’ve become more aware of because I can’t just go eat anywhere, anymore. Tonight, for example, my friend and I had been wanting to go out to an all-you-can eat sushi restaurant for a while. I’ve realized that I can’t do that anymore because it conflicts with my diet. We had to find something healthy that we would both enjoy.
We went to to a restaurant called Aux Vivres on St-Laurent near Mont Royal metro. It’s a vegan restaurant that serves healthy, hearty delicious food. And boy, was it delicious! They have salads, chili, wraps, burgers, smoothies and juices. I tried the dragon wrap which is made with tofu, shredded beet, carrot, red cabbage, lettuce, sprouts and dragon sauce. It was so good! It was really filling and it felt great to be eating freshly made food. It made me feel good and healthy.
I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone. Don’t be turned off by the fact it’s vegan. All their meals are packed with so much flavour that’s good for you. I can’t wait to go back and try something new!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment