Monday, May 26, 2014

Rope Machine - The Arm Killer

I woke up in such a good mood today. I don’t know why but I was full of energy. It was a surprising feeling for a Monday morning. My work out with my trainer was scheduled for 3pm, after I finished work. It was a great work out today. We worked on my upper body. I had the chance to do a lot of exercises and really work each muscle group. Some of the exercises were incline bench press, cable pulldown, wide grip assisted pull-up, dumbbell flys, and some ab exercises to work on my core. We did a lot of exercises on the new rope machines at the gym. I had to do a lot of sprints with the rope at various angles. I had to pull the rope with one hand at a time and I even had to hold myself in a V position to work my abs and pull on the rope. That exercise was a challenge. It was so tough to hold that position. My abs were burning. The session ended with full body slams with the real ropes. They were superset with 1-arm dumbbell shoulder press. 
All the rope exercises today really killed my arms. Doing 3 sets of sprints and other rope exercises tires your arms out so fast. One second I’m pulling as hard as I can and the next second, I don’t have strength anymore. My arms became jello.
It was cool to see how many different things you can do with the new rope machines. Different angles work different muscles and you can play around with the hand positioning. It’s also fun to challenge yourself to go as fast as you can. 
I also completed my 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical while watching the movie Shooter. The cinema cardio room is a great way to get through cardio. I became so interested in the movie, I didn’t want to leave. I didn’t realize how quickly time flew by. In all, I had a great work out today and I can’t wait to do it all over again tomorrow!

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment