Friday, June 6, 2014

Ending The Week Strong

I met with my trainer this morning. He planned a full body work out for me. It was tougher than anything so far so it was a great way to push myself and end the week on a good note. After a quick warm up, my first superset involved a one arm dumbell snatch and then box jumps. I had never done the snatches before but I really like them and picked up the technique really quickly. I felt really powerful doing the box jumps. I had to focus on jumping from a squat position and really using the power from my legs to get me up onto the box. I definitely did better than I thought which is a great thing. After 3 sets of that, we moved onto doing overheard squats with a barbell and side plank with row using the resistance band. The rows were challenging in the beginning but I learned to focus on keeping my balance and I got better. The next superset was 1 arm landmine press with rotating landmines. These were challenging exercises because the bar was heavier but I pushed through it. I then moved on to 3 sets of Turkish get ups. I found this a fun exercise to do because you’re focusing so much on keeping your arm straight, the getting up and down part becomes a challenge.
The killer part of this work out was the ending. I had to push the sled across the gym, there and back, 5 times!! It really became a struggle after the second set. I couldn’t believe I had to do it 3 more times. I started feeling nauseous by the end. I fought through it because I wanted to get it done. My trainer was so proud of me and I was really proud of myself for completing it all!
The feeling didn’t go away and I actually threw up when I got home. I felt a bit better after and decided to sleep it off. I felt better after my sleep and went shopping at Costco to get more food for the week.
I may have pushed myself a little to hard today but I’m happy I got through it. It was challenging but I completed my whole workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment