Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Late Night Work Out

I wasn’t able to get my work out in before work so I had to complete it after work, at 9pm. It’s a late time for me to work out but I wasn’t too tired and actually ended up having a good work out. My trainer Scott gave me a plan of exactly what to do so I was efficient with my time.
I started by doing my cardio on the treadmill. I did 30 second sprints with 1 minute of rest. After each sprint, I had to increase the incline by 0.5. I did this for a total of 30 minutes. The sprints actually went better than I thought. I thought I would struggle to sprint for the full 30 seconds, especially with the higher incline but I actually enjoyed it. I felt myself being able to run faster than I used and I feel that my cardio in general has gotten better.
I did a quick arm and ab workout afterwards. I did supersets of seated incline curls with triceps press downs for a total of 3 sets. The second super set involved TRX curls and dumbbell skull crushers. I had to do sprints on the rope machine 2x, 20 seconds down and then 20 seconds up. I love the new rope machines we got at the gym. You can do so much with them and you can really push yourself with sprints. My ab work out consisted of plank, side plank, and bicycle crunches. I completed my work out in an hour and 20 minutes and burned 505 calories!
I’m going to get a good night’s sleep tonight as I’m meeting my trainer at 8 tomorrow morning. It’s going to be tough getting up that early but I’ll be happy to get my work out over with.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment