Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rollin' It Out

No training scheduled for me today so I took the opportunity to stretch and foam roll. Stretching is something I don’t always take the time to do, even though it is so important. I have a foam roller at home so I took the time to properly stretch my legs. I have such a love hate relationship with the foam roller. It is so painful to roll out my IT band but it feels so much looser after. My quads were also really tight so it felt good to stretch them out. I need to start doing this on a more regular basis to loosen up my legs. It doesn’t take long and I feel so much better afterwards. Since I’m training a lot, I need to keep my legs in top shape. I left my foam roller in front of the TV so if I’m every watching a show, I can take 10 minutes to foam roll at the same time. My goal is to start by doing it 3 times a week to start. Once it becomes routine, I’ll try to do it every day. It’s a small step I can make in making a new and better me!

No comments:

Post a Comment