Monday, June 2, 2014

New Trainer

My new trainer for the next few weeks is Scott! He’s gonna help me lose weight and push me to achieve my goal. The plan from the beginning was to change my trainer each month so that my body doesn’t get used to a specific way of training. I’ll be training 3 times a week with Scott and once on my own.
The plan for today was to work out my lower body. We did a few circuits to complete a variety of exercises. The first superset was medicine ball slams and ski jumps. My second circuit involved back squat, plank with my feet on a step, and squat jumps. He really worked on my squatting technique because I have the tendency for my knees to fall inwards. He also kept reminding me to push through my legs to work on my power and to feel that my muscles were actually performing the movement.
The second circuit was forward to reverse lunge followed by leg raises to work on my abs. The last circuit was step ups with knee raises and hamstring curl using an exercise ball. I liked all the exercises he made me do today except for the lunges as I hate lunges. We ended the session with sprints on the spin bike. I had to sprint for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds for a total of 4 minutes. It was a great way to get my heart pumping and sweat through the last bit of my workout.
It’s really cool that I get to work out with different trainers. I’m excited to see what each of their styles are and in what ways they’re going to challenge me. I can’t wait to see what else Scott has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment