Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Food Preppin'

Today was my day off from training so I took the time to prepare some meals for myself for the week. I started off by cooking 4 chicken breasts in the oven. I seasoned them with Montreal Chicken Spice. It’s very simple and quick to make. I usually add the chicken breasts to my salad. It’s a great source of protein and it adds so much flavour to the salad. I also use it as a meal on its on and add vegetables to get all my nutrients.
I prepared some salads for myself as well. I usually keep it simple and only add a few ingredients. The salads I made today are spinach topped with cucumber and yellow pepper with a chopped up chicken breast. I also cooked some extra lean ground turkey. I mixed in some carrots, green beans and onions to add some veggies to my meal. Overall, it didn’t take me too long to prepare all the food because I just threw the chicken in the oven and prepared the salads and cooked the ground turkey in the mean time.
I want to try to look up new recipes for salads or other dinner ideas. I enjoy the meals I’m making myself for now but I should also try to add a variety. I don’t want to get sick of the food I’m eating now. Now that all my food is cooked it makes planning my food for the day so much easier. Everything is already made and I can grab it quickly on my way to work. 
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment