Thursday, June 5, 2014

Meet Scott

Meet Scott!
This is my new trainer Scott. He’s going to be training me here at Gold’s 3 times a week for the next 3 weeks. He’s studying Kinesiology at York University and he’s been playing football there for the last 3 years. He comes back to work at Gold’s each summer. He has a background in strength training from school and his experience with football.
We planned to train this morning at 8 before my shift at 9. When my alarm went off this morning and all I could think was what was I thinking, scheduling my training at 8 in the morning. However, I couldn’t back out because I knew my trainer was waiting for me. I packed all my food for the day and headed to the gym.
We worked out my upper body this morning. The way he likes to schedule his workouts is by starting with power, then strength and finishing with cardio. We started with stretching for my whole body. I then moved on to doing chest passes with the medicine ball and I had to run and catch the ball before it stopped rolling. I also had to throw the ball across my body and pass it to my trainer. We did 3 rounds of those exercises. My second circuit consisted of push press and rows using the TRX. The third circuit involved single arm chest press and face pulls on the cable machine. The fourth circuit was lateral and front raises using a band, negative pull-ups and burpees. The burpees were tough. They’re always such a killer! He made me end the session by doing rope drills for 10 seconds followed by 2 sprints across the room. I repeated that 8 times! It was tough but I pushed through it. I’m happy I got my training done in the morning because now I don’t have to worry about doing it for the rest of the day!
Scott2

No comments:

Post a Comment