Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Boxing

It was shoulder and arms today! I never used to like training my shoulders but I think its finally growing on me. I crushed my shoulder press record today by doing 8 reps of 25lbs. I think 17.5 lbs was the highest I had gone before so it was exciting to see my strength get better! I also did some push press and lateral raises. The next circuit involved reverse fly and rope pulls on the VMX. The rope pulls were tough. To work my triceps, I had to keep my elbows at my side and only pull down. I did the same for biceps while only pulling up. It was a struggle to do for a full minute as my arms got tired really quickly.
The most exciting part of my work out came at the end when I got to box! I really enjoy boxing and it’s a great way to relieve stress. We did various combinations and it really worked my cardio too. I really want to start incorporating this more often in my work outs.
box 1 box 2
I decided to work out again at night after I finished work. I decided to do a bit of cardio. I did some rope pulls on the VMX. I don’t know what came over me but I really wanted to push the sled for some reason. I decided to push it across the gym, hope on the stair master for 2 minutes and then pull it back across the gym. I did it 3 times on my own and then I got my co-worker Marie-Laure to join me! It was a lot more fun being 2 and it was more motivating! I was really proud of myself for doing it and challenging myself to do more intense cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment