Monday, July 28, 2014

Leg Day Strength

I had a great session today. We trained legs and I love leg day! I wouldn’t say I loved every moment as it was tough at times but I worked hard and pushed through! The first circuit involved leg press, walking lunges and a wall sit. I crushed my previous leg press record and did 4 plates plus 5lb! I can really feel myself getting stronger with every work out. For the walking lunges, I had to stay in a low lunge position even as I was switching legs. I held the position for 3 seconds. That was tough because I could feel my legs really working hard. I then did a wall sit for 1 minute while holding a 45 lb plate. It got harder and harder after each round. The look on my face below masks the struggles of the wall sit (if you look closely, you can see me giving him a death stare for making me do this)
wall sit
The second circuit involved hip thrusts and single leg split squats using the TRX. I had to do a 2 minute cardio bout to get my heart rate up after each circuit. I started with the stair master, cycling backwards on the elliptical and ended with lunges on the VMX rope machine. The lunges on the rope machine were tough because my legs were jello. It was the last exercise of the day and I really felt I worked my legs to the max!
I weighed myself this morning and I’m happy to say I lost 3.6 lbs in a week!! I’m sooo excited! My hard work is finally paying off. I know the scale isn’t the only indication of weight loss but it’s exciting to finally see the number go down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment