Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Off Day

Wednesdays are a really long day for me. It’s normally my rest day because I work a 12 hour shift and I’m exhausted by the end of it. I had energy this morning and decided that I was still going to work out tonight. I created a little circuit for myself and just planned to work out for an hour. However, as the day passed, I got more and more tired. I realized that it probably wouldn’t be the best idea for me to work out.
I was conflicted. Part of me said “you’ll have more energy when you start, just get over your tiredness.” The other part of me said “listen to your body, you need rest.” In the end, I decided not to go work out. I’m tired and my body needs rest. I felt guilty initially because I told myself I’m at the gym and there’s no reason I can’t work out for a bit but I know in the end I made the right decision by taking the day off. This just means I’ll work out even harder for the rest of the week. I can’t over do it and I have to listen to what my body is telling me to do. A good night’s sleep will make me feel a lot better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment