Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Meal Plan

Before my first training session yesterday, I sat down with my trainer Alex to discuss my new plan.
Here is an outline of my diet:
9:00am – Breakfast
– 1/2 cup juice
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 scoop of protein
– Greek yogurt
– Fruit
2:00pm – Lunch
I have to fast for 5 hours before I can eat again. The idea is to get my body to starting using my stored fat for energy.
– Protein source: chicken, beef, turkey, fish, etc
– Complex carb: squash, sweet potato, brown rice, etc
– Dark green vegetable: asparagus, broccoli, green beans, etc
I can change up my meals as long as I meet the above criteria. It has to be a big meal totally 800-1000 calories
4:00pm – Supper
– Protein source: chicken, beef, turkey, fish, etc
– Dark green vegetable: asparagus, broccoli, green beans, etc
This is the same as my lunch without a carb source.
7:00pm – Snack
– Greek yogurt
– Fruit
10:00pm – Snack
– Cottage cheese
Today was my first day on my new meal plan. It was easier than I thought. I thought I would have trouble with the fasting but as long as I keep myself busy, I won’t think about food. I’m excited to see what happens with this. I really want to start losing more fat.
As for my training today, I did 30 minutes of cardio. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the stair master. I’m doing the best I can to get back into the shape I was in before I left on vacation. I’m excited to see what happens in the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment