Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Regaining Focus

I had some difficulty over the weekend getting back to following my diet. I got back Friday night and I told myself I would start eating healthy again. I started off strong during the day on Saturday but at night, I let my temptations get to me. I would say yes to food even though I knew I should be saying no. It was also difficult for me to get back on track because it was my sister’s birthday on Sunday and there was so much temptation around me.
I still did my groceries on Sunday because I knew that was the first step for me to get back on my diet. But again I wasn’t motivated so I didn’t even prepare any of the food I bought that night. I was scared that I wasn’t going to get back into the routine I was in before I left. I was scared I had lost all motivation. It’s a lot easier to eat whatever you want and not stress out about working out, especially in the summer.
That’s when I took the time to find new motivation. Yes, I have to goal to compete next spring but it’s also important to set yourself smaller goals. My new motivation is school starting in September. I want my friends to be able to see a noticeable difference. I wan’t people to say “Wow, you’ve lost a lot of weight!” Since I haven’t seen most of them all summer, they will be able to notice a bigger chance than the people I see every day. So I’m using the next 2 months to really push myself to lose weight. I’m going to stick to my diet 100% and I’m going to give it my all during my training sessions. I feel a stronger drive than ever before and I know it’s really going to push me to lose more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment