Monday, August 4, 2014

Crushin' Quads

I had a late night session planned with my trainer. I had to take a pre-workout as I felt really tired. As usual Mondays are leg day. I’m usually always sore after leg day but my quads are never sore. It’s always my hamstrings or my glutes. I think Alex made it his mission to really work my quads tonight to make sure they’re sore tomorrow. 
I started with back squats and squat jumps. After each round, we increased my weight and also the number of squat jump repetitions. It definitely tired out my legs. The second superset involved bulgarian split squats with a 3 second hold at the bottom and jumping split squats. I increased the number of jumps after each round. The last few reps were always so difficult. My legs were dead!
I then moved on to leg extensions. Again, I had to hold the contraction for 3 seconds. I then did 2 minutes on the stairmaster to get my cardio going. I repeated this 4 times. I ended with a glute exercise on the Smith machine and mountain climbers.
I had a good work out considering I was tired. It felt great to work out after my day off and it’s given me the motivation to keep it up all week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment