Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Meet My New Trainer Nick!

IMG_3100
I started with my new trainer Nick today. He’s one of our new trainers at the gym. He joined the team at the beginning of the summer. His client’s love him and have seen a lot of progress while training with him so now it’s his turn to train me. He’s going to help lose weight and help prepare me for my competition. When he found out he was my new trainer, he told me “Prepare to sweat!”
Oh boy did I sweat today! I warmed up on the rowing machine. I had to row 500m as fast as possible. I then moved on to a circuit I had to complete 3 times as fast as possible. The first exercise was a wall throw with a weighted ball with a burpee. For the second exercise, I was in a plank position and I had to move my hands onto a step and off to the other side, while keeping my feet in the same position. The third exercise was kettle bell swings. I was sweating throughout the circuit and I didn’t take any breaks. 
I moved onto oblique crunches on the rope machine. Afterwards, I had to pull the rope towards me while I held a squat position for 200 ft. My arms were burning!! After 200 ft, I had to do 5 burpees. I repeated the circuit 3 times. My arms were dead by the end of it. I moved onto 2 dropsets on the hamstring curl machine. I then did walking lunges across the gym followed by oblique twists on the cable machine.
We did some more cardio at the end. I did Tabata style interval training on a spin bike: 10 seconds standing, 5 seconds sitting, for 10 rounds. It got my heart rate up and I could feel it in my legs. We ended the session with a short ab circuit. 
Overall, it was a great first session! I was sweating and I worked hard the whole session as I didn’t get any breaks. I can’t wait to see what else he has planned for me! 
IMG_3098

No comments:

Post a Comment