Sunday, August 3, 2014

Flat Tire

My day did not start according to plan. As I was driving home from my friend’s house this morning, I realized that I had a flat on my front tire. I was in shock. I pulled over to a side street off of Monkland to fix my tire. I knew how to change the tire but I never had to do it on my own before. As I have an old car, it was really hard to get the bolts off my tire. I tried everything. I used my gym strength to try to move the wrench but it didn’t budge. I even used my foot and nothing happened. I eventually called for help and my parents came to the rescue. My dad changed my tire and followed me to the garage. Thankfully, there was a garage open on a Sunday and I was able to fix the leak on my tire. It was an adventurous morning and I’m so thankful for my parent’s help. 
I got home at 2 and finally had the chance to eat. I didn’t have breakfast so I was starving. I was craving a smoothie so I had my usual breakfast smoothie. The flat tire threw off my whole day so I couldn’t stick to the fast and I didn’t eat according to my meal plan. I felt tired all day and when I’m tired, I snack. I cheated a bit today. I know I shouldn’t have but I couldn’t resist the cravings. I also didn’t get to go to the gym and I feel really guilty. It wasn’t the best day on my plan but tomorrow is a new day, new week and I’m going to use it to start over. I’ll be on my best behaviour regarding my meal plan and I’m going to kick some butt at the gym. It’s ok to fall once in a while. You just have to find the strength to start over again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment