Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Personal Bests

"Your transformation has changed you night and day. It's awesome. I'm super excited you're getting the results you want! Keep up the good work!" This is a message I woke up to this morning from my boyfriend. It's so nice and supportive. It's a great feeling knowing other's are supporting me and noticing the changes. It's not just about the physical changes too. He's noticed my confidence has changed a lot too. That's something I really wanted to work on and I guess I've changed without realizing it. It's a great feeling and it was great motivation for the day!
After another day of training camp, I met with my trainer in the evening. After warming up on the rowing machine, I started with a circuit. I did pull-ups using a resistance band for assistance, 1 arm dumbbell snatches, cross body mountain climbers on the bosu, and push-up to a one arm row. It was a cool circuit since all the exercises were completely different. I saw progress with my pull up. The band helped me pull myself up from an extended position which is the part I've been struggling with the most.
I moved onto leg press afterwards. I crushed my previous record and pressed 5 plates and 25lbs. It was huge accomplishment for me. It was my 6th set (every set we increased the weight) and I was still able to do it! It felt great!
 leg press3
I did some chest press on the machine and then moved on to ab exercises. I did different variations on hanging lower ab exercises. I ended with a plank. I held it for 2 minutes and I wasn't even shaking. 
It's crazy how much progress I've changed and improved over these last few months. I would've never been able to hold a plank for 1 minute and now I got to 2 and I could've kept going! I crushed the leg press machine. I'm getting better and better. It's not only about the look, it's about the strength and the confidence I've been achieving during this journey. I have to remind myself those are just as important! 

No comments:

Post a Comment