Thursday, September 4, 2014

New Trainer!

My trainer for the month of September is Anthony!!! He's one of our best trainers at the gym and he specializes in weight loss so I think it'll be a great fit for September. We had our first session tonight. It was a tough one! I was sweating bullets.

We started off with a circuit of jumping jacks, spider man push-ups, walking lunges, spider man crawls, wall sit, plank, and high knees. I had to do 2 rounds as fast as possible. It was a way for my trainer to see how certain exercises affected my heart rate and what my level of fitness was. I did sweat a lot and the circuit was challenging but I could see a huge improvement from where I started. If I had done that in the first month, I would've been exhausted. Now, my cardio and strength are better but also my mental toughness. Even though it's hard, I push out the negative thoughts and just fight through it. I don't want to complain and the faster I do it, the faster it's over. It's a great feeling to see how far I've come.

Next up was kettle bell swings with a step across the room (and back). I then had to do jumps holding the kettle bell and squat down to have it touch the ground. I did it forwards and backwards. I also did some box jumps and medicine ball slams.

The next circuit involved 5 exercises for 5 reps: dumbbell snatches, bicep curls, rows, shoulder press, and snatches again. It sounds easy but the second round of snatches is so much more difficult because I tired out all the other muscles. I repeated it twice. I did another 2 more times but I had to push the sled across the gym in between. The sleds are really tiring but again I could see such an improvement. I used 2 plates for the first time and I pushed it as hard as I could even though I was struggling. It was a really great work out.

I finished with some ab exercises. At the end of the session, he took my weight and body fat on the scale. We're going to do this once a week to track my progress. It's a great way to know exactly where I'm starting and to see where I'll be in a month. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment