Thursday, June 12, 2014

Arms Of Steel

I had an 8 am work out planned with my trainer with morning. We planned to work out my upper body. It was a great work out! I felt strong throughout my exercises and I worked hard during the full hour. We started with a chest pass with a medicine ball and then moved to a row to push press exercise using the barbell. I liked the chest pass but the barbell exercise was a little more difficult. Afterwards, we moved to bench press. I had to do a full rep and then a quarter rep, for a total of 12 reps. I had never done bench with a quarter rep so it added a new challenge. I superset that with an “X” exercise using the Kinesis machine. It really worked my posterior shoulders and back. It was definitely harder than it looked. After 3 sets, we moved on to push press and then I did pull ups with the aid of a resistance band. Pull ups are so hard to do and as you know I’ve been working so hard on trying to do one on my own. The band helps a little bit with getting you back up to the top of the bar. It was tough but I tried to do as many reps as I could. I then had to do 1 arm rows followed by push-ups. My trainer said I could do the push ups from my knees but I wanted to work on my regular push-ups. It was tough after doing the bench press but I still got to 15 during my first set. We ended off the session with the battle ropes but this time I had to do them from my knees. I had to do 4 different styles and sprint across the room twice after each style. I repeated it twice. The sprints are cool because it breaks up the battle ropes and still keeps your heart rate up. 
I treated myself to a delicious smoothie post work out. It was so refreshing and overall it was a great start to my morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment