Friday, June 13, 2014

Fun Filled Friday

For some reason, I really enjoy working out on Fridays. It makes me feel good and it’s a great way to start off my weekend. I also like Fridays because it’s my day off. I didn’t have a super exciting day because it was raining. I just watched movies bundled up under the covers.
Scheduled for today was a full body work out. I started with hang cleans and ski jumps to work on my leg power. It was my first time doing hang cleans and I did pretty good. I got the technique pretty quickly and I was able to do them quite well. There was a small mishap where I accidentally hit under my chin with the bar. Thankfully, it didn’t hurt. I moved onto front squat with a quarter squat and “x-lifts” on the Kinesis machine. The extra quarter squat made it a little more challenging. The kinesis exercise worked on my back and I also had to do an ab exercise with a bar. I moved on to single leg RDLs, inverted row and the “dead bug” core exercise. I had to do some Turkish get-ups for my last exercise. Lastly, for my radio, I sprinted across the gym while I had a resistance band around my waist, being held by my trainer. I had to sprint forwards and backwards. I really happy the sled was being fixed because I didn’t want to do the sled again. It’s so tough! The resistance band makes the sprints more challenging and I really have to work hard to move across the gym.
I took the time to foam roll and stretch after my session. I rested most of the day because my body is feeling pretty sore. I use the soreness as a positive thing as it reminds me of all the hard work I’ve been putting in is totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment