Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Myzone

A tool that I use during every one of my workouts is my Myzone belt. It’s a heart rate monitor and belt that helps track the calories burned, the duration and time of the activity, and my intensity through out my work out. The intensity ranges go from blue, green, yellow and red, from lowest to highest intensity. My effort is also displayed as a percentage. The information is displayed on 2 Tv’s in the gym. Its really helpful for me to know how many calories I burned during my work out and my trainer uses as a guide to track my effort. For example, once my effort level reaches a certain level, he’ll move on to the next exercise. On the screen, I also see my current heart rate and my MEPs, my Myzone Effort Points. MEPs accumulate for every minute of activity that I spend in the 5 intensity zones based on my individual maximum heart rate. The more effort that I put in, the more MYZONE Effort points I earn.
A summary of my work out is also e-mailed to me every day. It breaks down how long I was in each intensity level, my maximum and average heart rate, the calories I burned and the MEPs I earned. I can also access it all on-line through my account. Overall, it’s a great tool that helps me track my work out. My effort level tells me when I need to push harder or when I need a break. I like being able to see the calories I burn through out my work out. I never realized how much you burn in an hour. It’s definitely motivating! I definitely recommend it. It’s a great investment and they bring a whole other level of intensity to your work out.
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment