Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Starting Off On The Right Foot

I had an 8am work out scheduled this morning. It’s early but at least I got it out of the way. Scott planned a lower body work out. I really enjoyed today’s work out. It incorporated a lot of different exercises and I felt strong doing them. We started with jump squats with a barbell and then moved to depth jumps with broad jumps. I really want to improve on my box jumps so my trainer has been incorporating a lot of leg power exercises to improve the power generated in my legs while jumping. I really enjoyed the jumps and I could push myself to go farther every time. The next superset involved bulgarian split squats with 15 lbs in each hand, followed by hip thrusts. I really had to fight through these exercises because I could feel the burn in my legs. My third group of exercises was 12 Romanian dead lifts followed by the dead bug exercise. This last exercise was used to help me work on my core.
The last superset was brutal. I had to do 50 goblet squats.. 50 goblet squats!! Followed by a dynamic plank where I had discs under my feet to make the exercise more difficult. I had to rock forward and back  with my full body while staying on my feet. The plank was a challenge but the worst was the squats. Doing that many reps in a row just becomes boring and really tiring. On top of it, I had to repeat both exercises 3 times. That’s 150 squats within that super set! So tough! My trainer knew I was not a happy camper by the end of it!
We finished off with sprints across the gym. I had to run forward and backwards with a resistance band around my waist. It made me power through my run and I really had to push hard to move myself while my trainer was holding me back. I thought it was a lot of fun and I did a lot better than I thought I would. It was a great way to end the session! Overall it was tough but I powered through and now I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment