Monday, June 9, 2014

Toss It Up

My go to for lunch is usually salads. They’re so easy and quick to make and it’s so easy to change it up every day. I usually use spinach as my base. Sometimes I’ll change it up with a spring mix that you can buy at the grocery store. I’ll most often use a chicken breast for my protein but sometimes I’ll switch up with tuna or salmon. I like to add a lot of fresh veggies for added flavour. I add tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, and avocado. I love adding avocado because it tastes so good!! My favourite dressing is Raspberry Merlot by Bolthouse Farms. It adds a little sweetness to the salad which I love. I’ll change it up and use a balsamic vinaigrette too.
I changed my usual salad on Sunday for a broccoli slaw with asian dressing. It was really good. The slaw was a great change and I added my chicken to get some more protein. I want to take the time to start making more quinoa and other grain salads. You can add so many veggies to it and they pack so many great nutrients. I need to just take the time to find a recipe and make it or I can just be creative and mix a whole bunch of great ingredients. I want to start mixing up my meals so I don’t get bored of always eating the same things.
I’m off to train my arms and do some interval sprints on the treadmill. Happy monday everyone!
IMG_2815
IMG_2699salad

No comments:

Post a Comment