Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Building Stronger Legs

I had another session with my trainer today where we planned to work out my legs. I started with back squat. The breakdown was as follows:
– 12 reps, 45 lbs
– 10 reps, 70 lbs
– 8 reps, 90 lbs
– 12 reps, 80 lbs
– 15 rep, 70 lbs
I was so so proud of myself for finally being able to squat a full plate! It’s something that I had been working on for a while and I finally did it, for 8 reps too! I was really excited!
Afterwards, I moved onto single leg Romanian dead lifts. I did 12 reps on each leg for 3 sets, while increasing the weight after each set. This is my favourite exercise to work my hamstrings. I always feel sore after doing it and it works on my balance as well.
RDL
The next circuit involved a glute exercise on the Smith machine, leg extension, and leg curls. For the glute exercise, I was on my knees with the bar resting on my shoulders. I had to slowly bring my butt down to my heals and then squeeze it as I sat back up. I did the circuit twice and performed 12 reps of each exercise.
My trainer decided to end the session with my favourite exercise in the world.. the sled! Just kidding, I don’t like the sled. It’s so tough! I had to push it across the gym 3 times. For the first run, I had to push it there and back. For the second time, I had to push it one way and pull it the other way. Pulling is so tough! It really burns your quads. The last set, involved pulling it both ways. Before starting, I asked my trainer if I could just pull it half way. He said sure. I was a little surprised he agreed and told him I was kidding. He said “good, me too!” I pushed through and completed it all. I was so proud of myself. It was a great start to my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment