Monday, July 14, 2014

Chest & Back

I trained chest and back today with my trainer. It was a good workout that consisted of circuits. The first circuit was bench press, resistance band rows and a cardio exercise. For the bench press, I increased the weight for each set and decreased the number of repetitions for the first 3 sets. I dropped the weight and increased the repetitions for the last 2 sets. I find it crazy how fast my chest gets tired. A small increase in weight makes it so difficult to push up the bar. It’s really tiring. I did 30 reps of the rows. For the cardio portion, I did jump squats on the PowerPlate for the first round. I then did split squats on PowerPlate for the second. I jumped over a bench for a minute for the third round. I did rope slams for the fourth round and ended the circuit with 2 minutes on the spin bike. The toughest was probable the split squats on the PowerPlate. I felt really uncoordinated!
The next compound set involved lat pull down and rows. I did 12, 12, and 15 reps of each exercise. My trainer really focused on my positioning to make sure I was doing the exercise correctly. I also had to squeeze for 3 seconds at the end of the movement. I ended with 2 sets of chest fly.
Lat Pull Down
The work out really tired me out. I was in the fasting portion of my meal plan so I didn’t have as much energy as usual while working out. It felt really good to eat my biggest meal of the day right after my workout. Yummy in my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment