Saturday, July 19, 2014

Back On Track

I had a great birthday yesterday but it can’t last forever. I went back to my gym life and my meal plan. It was tough to go back to my meal plan after eating out. It made me miss all the amazing food I used to eat. It was a bit of a mental battle to get back on track but I had to remind myself why I’m doing this. Eating dessert is not going to help me lose weight. Instead, I decided to go to the gym to do some cardio. If I felt guilty about eating out, I did an hour of cardio to help me burn off all the extra food I ate. 
I had two big revelations today. The first is I changed my perception of food. In the past, if I felt guilty about eating out or eating so much food, it would just push me to continue to eat badly. I would feel sorry for myself and use food as a way to cope. It would make me feel even worse and I would eat more. Since I ate badly already, I would tell myself I’ll just eat like this for the rest of the day and then start fresh tomorrow. It is definitely not the way to handle things. I changed my habit today and ate right. I didn’t feel guilty and I felt great by the end of the day. 
The second thing I learned about myself is I changed my gym habits. I go to the gym on a regular basis but a great part of the reason is because I work there. It’s easy because I’m already at the gym and I have no excuse not to work out. Today, I actually scheduled it into my plans. Originally, I was going to go on my way home from fairview but I had to stop at home for lunch. In the past, if I was home, I would never want to leave for the gym. I would make excuses and run out of time to go. Today, I made the effort and left to go to the gym for an hour. It felt great! I was efficient and stayed for an hour. It didn’t take long and I was back home before I knew it. 
I knew there would be physical changes with my body throughout this whole journey but I didn’t realize how much my mentality would change. My outlook on training and dieting has changed so much. I actually want to go to the gym now and don’t feel right if I miss it. I want to eat healthy because it makes me feel good! I’m no longer doing things because I have too, I’m doing them because I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment