Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mind Over Matter

Today was the first day were I struggled a little bit with my meal plan. I didn’t cheat or eat any extra food. I followed it to a tee but I felt hungrier than usual. I think I felt that way because I was tired. When you’re tired, you tend to eat more than if you get a good night’s sleep. I would give in in the past to my hunger but today I fought through it. It marks a huge change for me. I’ve learned to fight the temptation and stick to the plan. I made sure I drank my 2 litres of water. Sometimes dehydration can mask itself as hunger.
My work schedule kept me busy during my fasting time so I didn’t even realize 6 hours went by before I ate lunch. However, I noticed my stomach growling later on in the day, after I ate my second meal. I knew I only had 2 snacks left to eat so I savoured it when the time came. I’m hoping today was an exception and that I don’t start feeling like this on a regular basis. I’ve been really enjoying my meal plan so far.
I also made a vow that I would stop weighing myself every day. I weighed in at 156.6 on Monday and I will not weight myself until next week. 156 is the lowest weight I’ve achieved so far since I started my journey. I hope that my weight continues to go down all week. I’ll be really excited once I hit 150 because i’ll be a big milestone for me. It’s a little goal that I’ve set for myself as it’ll mark a loss of 10 pounds! A little hard work and I’ll get there in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment