Thursday, July 17, 2014

Two A Day

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a lot more energy during the day. I don’t know if it’s because I’m seeing results and I’m feeling more motivated. It could be because of my new meal plan. It could also be that I’ve genuinely found a new passion for working out and are reaping the benefits with energy and excitement. Whatever the reason may be, I decided to work out twice again today.
I started with a cardio session in the afternoon. I did a lot of machines to get my heart rate up. I started with 10 minutes on the stair master. I moved on the the treadmill and did 20 minutes of interval training where I would walk for a minute and then sprint for a minute. After each interval, I increased the incline by 1%. I then went into the cinema cardio room to watch The Dark Knight Rises (great movie!). I walked on the treadmill on an incline of 15% for another 20 minutes. That went by in a flash as I was so invested in the movie! I ended with 5 minutes on the spin bike to get my heart rate up. I also took the time to foam roll my legs as they were feeling a little sore.
I also went back to the gym at 9 to work out with my trainer. We trained my arms and shoulders. It was a quick work out that involved a few circuits. The toughest thing I had to do was dips on the Power Plate machine. It was brutal. I did 20 reps on the first set and I couldn’t feel my triceps afterwards. On the second set, my left cramped a little. It was tough!
My Myzone belt helped me track my work outs and in all, I burned over 1000 calories today! It was a little intense but I enjoyed every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment