Sunday, July 13, 2014

Cardio Sunday

After a really long and busy day at work, I did an hour of cardio. Since it was raining, the gym was really busy all day. My shift flew by but I was also exhausted by the end of it. I had planned to work out but I really wanted to go home and rest. I reminded myself I have a goal and I need to do everything I can to achieve it. I also realized that I could watch the soccer game on the machines so then I didn’t mind so much (Go Germany!!!).
My trainer asked me to do cardio. I changed it up by doing different machines. I started with 15 minutes on the stair master. I skipped for 10 minutes. Then I ran on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I started by running for the first 10 minutes and then walked on an incline for another 5. I ended my cardio with 10 minutes on the spin bike. I wanted to end with biking so I could help with the circulation in my legs and get rid of any lactic acid.
I wanted to split up my cardio so that I wouldn’t get bored of doing the the same thing for an hour. If I stay on the treadmill for too long, I get bored and lose energy. Working out on all the different machines helps the cardio go by faster and it makes it more fun. It also helps get my heart rate up. After it was over, I was pretty tired but proud of myself for getting it done. In total, I burned 546 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment