Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chest & Back Circuit

I had a great session with my trainer today! He organized a chest and back circuit for me. He changed it up by creating 2 circuits for me to do. The first exercise was chest press on an exercise ball. The second exercise was alternating rows and face pulls using the TRX. I had to hold each movement for 3 seconds. Lastly, I did plank ups on the Power Plate which is an explosive plank to push up position. The last exercise was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I really had to use a lot of power to push myself off and onto my hands. It was tricky at first but I managed to get the hang of it. I repeated the circuit 3 times. After each round, I had to do a short bout of cardio to get my heart rate up. I had to do 2 minutes on a spin bike, 2 minutes on the stair master and a challenge on the VMX rope. I gave it my all in each of those intense 2 minutes. 
The second circuit involved incline bench press, rows using a resistance band in a squat position and 2 ab exercises. The first ab exercise was the windshield washer. I had to lie flat on my back and slowly lower my feet (together) from side to side. The second exercise was 30 seconds of bicycle kicks. Again, I had to do some cardio after each round. I did a 2 minute sprint on the row machine, 2 minutes of skipping and a 2 minute jog on the treadmill at a 12% incline. 
The session ended with alternating push ups on a step. These were tough because I was drained from my work out. I did 10 on each side and ended with 10 close grip push-ups! My upper body is definitely going to feel it tomorrow!
push up
I decided to do a bit of cardio on my own after our session. I did a small circuit involving the elliptical, treadmill, bike, and stair master. I only did 5 minutes on each so it went by really quickly. Plus I was watching The Fighter in the Cinema Cardio room so I was really distracted! Overall it was a great day and I can’t wait to do it all over again tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment