Monday, July 21, 2014

Starting The Week Off Strong

Today was leg day! I think it’s my favourite day. I don’t know why but I love training legs. I started with box squats today. I had to slowly sit onto a bench and explode upwards. I found it more challenging than a regular squat because I really had to force yourself to stand back up. I hit a new record today! I squatted 145 lbs for 6 reps! I beat my one plate record from last week. I’m slowly getting stronger each week! 
I moved onto deadlifts afterwards. We really upped my weight this week so it was a lot more challenging. Afterwards, I superset a Bulgarian split squats with single leg hamstring curl using an exercise ball. I really had to take my time with these exercises and hold the contraction for 3 seconds. My muscles get tired a lot faster when I have to hold a contraction. I ended the session with leg extensions and leg curls on the machine. Again, I had to control the movement and hold the contraction for 3 seconds. My legs felt like jello when I stood up! At least I knew I had a good work out today. I felt really tired by the end of it but I ate right after and felt a lot better. 
I weighed myself for the first time in a week today. Sadly, I didn’t lose any weight. I was a little disappointed because I felt I worked really hard last week. I worked out a lot but I also ate out on Friday. I’ll keep at it and hopefully I’ll see better results at the end of the week. It’s important to remember that the scale doesn’t reveal anything. I am most likely putting on muscle mass while losing fat. I need to take measurements if I really want to see the progress I have made. I’m not giving up. It’s just more motivation for me to work hard to lose more weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment