Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TRX

I may have gone a little crazy today as I decided to do an hour TRX class right before my one hour session with my trainer. I got to the gym early as I finished all my errands ahead of time. I was going to do a bit of cardio but somehow ended up doing the TRX class. Some of my friends were doing it and Shane, the instructor, has been bugging me to do the class for a while. I could never do it because my schedule wouldn’t work with the class time so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity today. 
It was a great class! Lots of circuits and cardio is involved. I definitely saw a huge improvement since the last time I did the class. In the past, I would get tired more easily and not do all the reps. Today, I could do all the exercises and even do progressions for some of the harder ones. It was a great full body work out. I was very happy I got the chance to do it!
Afterwards, I trained shoulders and arms with my trainer. I finally got to practice my pull ups again! It was a lot easier to do them on the assisted pull up machine. I’m slowly getting closer to my goal of doing a full pull up! We also did some shoulder press exercises on the Smith Machine. I did some face pulls, dips, rear delt flys during my work out today. I ended the session with barbell bicep curls and single arm tricep extensions. 
I was tired after the full 2 hours but it was worth it. I had a lot of fun and I proved to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to. It’s also great seeing how much stronger I am getting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment