Friday, August 15, 2014

First Day of Camp

Busy, busy day today. It was the first day of football camp. They had 2 practices during the day. I was there at 8 am for pre-practice taping and stretching. There are 130 guys training so it can be very hectic at time. The morning went well and there weren't too many injuries, just a few bumps and bruising. The team participated in the ALS ice bucket challenge. It was fun too watch and I'm happy I didn't have to get dumped in ice water! 
The athletes had lunch afterwards. I didn't bring any food with me because I didn't have time to prepare anything. Lunch was pasta and salad. It's not the best option for me but I made it work. I had more salad and only a tiny bit of pasta. Between practices is also the time we have to treat people. I did a lot of massages, fascia releases, and stretches. They had meetings afterwards so it was an hour of quiet. Before I knew it they were all back to get taped for their second practice. The afternoon went by quickly. After practice, I had to do some more stretching and hand out a lot of ice bags. It was a long day but it was fun. Everyone's really nice. The challenge will be trying to learn everyone's name. There's 140 of them! This will basically be my schedule for the next 2 weeks. It's going to be very hectic!

No comments:

Post a Comment