Sunday, August 10, 2014

Outdoor Training

I met with my trainer at 12 today. One word to describe the session: intense. I was challenged from the beginning of my work out as I had to row 500m in under 2 minutes. I did a couple of exercises on the machines: wide grip chest press, lat pull down, and under hand grip lat pull down to start the work out. Then, the real challenge came. On the VMX (the rope machine), I had to start by pulling 10 m and then do 1 burpee. I did it again but pulled for 20m and then did 2 burpees. I had to do it until I pulled for 100m and did 10 burpees. It was tough. By the end of it, I pulled the rope for 550m and I did 55 burpees. It was tough on my arms but it seemed more like a mental challenge. I didn’t know how I would be able to pull the rope for longer or complete more burpees after each round. I even thought to myself at one point, why am I doing this? I could be at home relaxing and eating whatever I want. I pushed the negative thoughts aside and completed it! 
We brought the training outside as it was a beautiful day today. I had to start with suicides. I had to go and come back 4 times and repeat it 3 times, no break. Afterwards, I did a side shuffle across the lawn while my trainer yelled drop on occasion and I had to do a burpee. Once I got to the other side, I back pedalled to the beginning. Lastly, I had to do a bear crawl to the fence and backwards all the way to the start. The bear crawls were a challenge but I managed to get through it. We ended the session with a quick ab circuit. 
As I was getting ready to leave, I realized why I push myself through work outs like this. It’s for the amazing feeling you get at the end of a work out, a moment of pure bliss! I knew I killed it and I felt a sense of accomplishment after what I did. It makes me feel like I can do anything! I’m going to try to remember that feeling the next time I doubt myself. That feeling kept me on track all day and it’s going to help me do it all over again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment