Thursday, August 14, 2014

VMX-Burpee Challenge

These last few days have been really hectic as football camp is starting. I’m working with the football team at Concordia for my clinical internship this fall. It’s been a lot of fun so far but also a lot of work. I was at school for 7:30 this morning for football testing. I was out all day for camp and I had to cover rugby practice tonight as I’m still finishing up my summer internship. I made it to the gym for 9 as I had a session planned with my trainer. 
After warming up on the rowing machine, I did a couple sets on the chest fly machine. I moved on to some quick ab exercises involving in and outs, bicycle, reverse bicycle, and reverse ab crunches. I moved on to sprints on the spin bike. I had to a 30 second sprint while standing and then do 20 kettle bell swings, 3 times as fast as possible. Oh boy my legs were sore!
I did some assisted pull-ups and dips. I had to lower the weight a little bit on the assisted pull-up machine because my biceps were really sore from yesterday. I was a little disappointed in myself but I still did it. 
vmx
I did my VMX-burpee challenge again. I started with 10 m, 1 burpee and made my way up to 100m and 10 burpees. It was a lot easier than last time. I don’t know if it’s because I’m stronger or I knew what to expect this time but it wasn’t as tough. I even challenged myself to do the last 100m in under a minute. I managed 1:10. Not too bad! 

burpee1burpee2
I ended with some more ab exercises and some stretching. I’m feeling tired and I can’t wait to go straight to bed. I get to repeat this whole process all over again tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment