Monday, August 18, 2014

New Week, New Goals

After having a so-so weekend training and food wise, I decided to start fresh again today. I woke up an hour earlier to cook some food so I would have lunches and dinners for the week. I cooked sweet potato, broccoli, and green beans to go along with my chicken. It was much needed and it felt good to finally get it done! 
After another long day at training camp, I met with my trainer at 9 to work out. I was tired and he could tell because I didn't have as much energy as usual. The first circuit involved pulling 3 kettle bells attached to the ropes across the room twice, 30 side to side bench jumps, 8 dumbbell snatches, 20 second sprint on the bike, and 12 ball slams. I did it 3 times as fast as possible. I didn't want to do it but I fought through it to get it done quickly. 
leg press
I moved on to leg press where I smashed my previous record! I was able to press 5 plates for 6 reps! I was so excited!! I moved on to the 360 rope challenge on the VMX to get my cardio up. I then did lat pulldown and rows on the cable machine. I ended with hanging leg raises and a couple of other ab exercises. 
vmx2
I foam rolled as soon as I was done and I also continued to stretch and foam roll once I got home. It feels really bad to foam roll in the moment but then it feels so loose after. I've been telling my athletes to stretch all week to take care of themselves so I figured I should do the same thing. I feel a lot better and I'm going to try and continue to do so every day. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Catherine - good for you for not being discouraged after your "so-so" weekend - every day is another chance to get it right. This is what I tell myself! Great seeing you at the gym!

    ReplyDelete