Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday Morning Work Out

I had a session scheduled with my trainer at 8am this morning. It was the only time I had today as I had to cover rugby again today. My morning didn't start off too well. I forgot my gym bag at home. I realized once I got to the gym. Thankfully I was dressed in my gym clothes but my bag had my water bottle, my myzone belt and my change of clothes for the game. On top of it, half way through the session, I realized my pants were on backwards. Yes, it was THAT kind of morning!

I didn't have any mishaps during the session. My trainer wanted me to do 100 squats, 100 crunches, 100 push-ups, and 100 kettle bell swings. I told him he was crazy. I got to 60 squats and 50 crunches when he decided to switch to something else. Thank goodness! I was not up for that. Instead, he created a circuit that I did 3 times. It involved 5 hang cleans, 10 pistol squats using a TRX, walking lunges, and 10 rope slams + burpee. It wasn't too difficult to do. I just had to mentally push through to get it done.

I did 2 sets on the ab roller. We worked on my pull ups using the assisted machine. 1 did 4 sets but lowered the weight each time, making it more difficult. I was able to do 2 at 95 lbs which is the lowest I've ever been able to do. It's the second to last notch on the machine so it means I'm getting close to doing a full pull up! I alternated it with dips. I ended the session with a short ab circuit.

I felt great getting my work out in early. I have the rest of the day ahead of me although it's jammed pack. I just hope it goes better and I don't have too many more mishaps like this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment