Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pull Up Progress

When I showed up to the gym tonight, everyone was laughing at me because I got a huge sunburn today. I got a huge sunburn on my face while covering football practice today. It doesn't hurt but I could feel my face being a little extra warm during my training session. 
I warmed up on the rowing machine. I moved onto 2 sets on the seated row machine. On the VMX, I had to pull up  for a minute, down for a minute, and then up down for a minute. It was really tiring. I then did 3 sets on the ab roller. It was tough because he kept correcting my form since I was bending my back to reach further.
The main circuit of the session involved 1 rope slam, 1 burpee, 15 times. Then one legged push ups and 30 double unders using a skipping rope. I was proud of myself for the push up because I didn't know I could do single leg push ups and the skipping was tough. I should of never told my trainer I could do double unders!
We then worked on my pull ups. I jumped up and lowered myself down. When I jumped up, I pulled myself up to get my chin over the bar and then lowered myself. I could never do that before! I kept working on the mini chin up range. The hardest part is still trying to pull myself up from a hanging position. 
I ended the session with some ab exercises and stretching. I feel really good after my work out and I can't wait to relax tonight. I can't relax too much because I have to make some food for tomorrow. I get to repeat this whole routine all over again tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment