Saturday, September 13, 2014

Family Dinner

I had a family dinner tonight. My mom's family came over for dinner and game night. Playing cards after dinner is something that we always do and it's a lot of fun. My aunt and my uncle are vegetarian so my mom made a lot of healthy dishes. She made a kale salad, a lentil stew, roasted vegetables and trout. It all looked so delicious, I couldn't resist. I didn't want to cheat on my diet as I followed it all day. I even made my own salmon for dinner. I was just curious as to what the food tasted like as it all looked so good so I tried it. It was really good!

It's not a bad cheat but it's still a cheat on my diet especially as it was supposed to be one of my lower carb days. I was torn because I knew I should of stuck to what I had to eat but part of me wanted to try the new food. It's all healthy so what's the harm?

I was going to have some of the dessert too but my boyfriend and my cousin stopped me. They didn't want me to feel guilty and regret eating that much food. I'm happy they stopped me and guided me back into the right direction. I feel bad for cheating but it's also hard to not participate in the family dinner and eat the same thing as everyone else. My small piece of salmon wouldn't of been enough compared to all the food they were eating. I need to start changing my mentality and remind myself I have a goal in mind. Yes, I love food but my goal is too lose weight so if I want that to happen, I need to start making sacrifices. If I want my diet to work, I need to stick to it 100%. This is just a prep for when my real pre-competition diet will come. If I can't do this, I'll never be able to hit my goal. I need to re-focus and always keep my goal in mind whenever I feel the need to cheat on my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment