Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pyramid Training

I had my second session with my trainer today. A lot of the exercises I did today were set up in a pyramid style. I started my session with a warm up on the battle ropes. My first pyramid set was for my legs. I had to hold a squat position for 60 seconds, do alternating lunges for 45 seconds, 30 seconds of lily pad jumps, 15 seconds of jump squats and then back to 30 seconds of lily pad jumps, 45 seconds of alternating lunges and finally a minute hold of a squat. It was brutal. My legs were so tired while I was doing the lily pad jumps. I could feel them burning. It was a simply body weight work out but it was really effective.

I did it again for my abs and core. I held a plank for 60 seconds, 45 seconds side plank, 30 seconds mountain climbers, and 15 seconds of V-ups and then back to the mountain climbers, etc. This wasn't so bad since I have a pretty strong core.

I did it one for my cardio and another for my upper body. The cardio one involved skipping, jumping jacks, high knees and squat jumps. The upper body involved lateral raises, dips, shoulder presses and bicep curls. These work outs are simple but very effective.

I ended with some resistance sprints. I ran forwards, backwards and side ways across the gym while being held back with a resistance band. I did it a second time while running forward across the gym and back. I felt really strong doing these and they're a lot of fun (more exciting than the sled!) I ended the session with a 400 ft sprint on the rope machine. He recorded my time and I'll need to beat it the next time I do the challenge.

It was a great session today. I'm feeling sore and tired. It was a great work out. I stayed to foam roll so I'm not to sore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment